Friday, July 23, 2010
Stussy VS Greensleeve
London-based DJ and graphic designer Alex Newman (aka DJ Al Fingers) was approached by clothing label Stüssy to produce a mix CD back in 2008.
Two years later the mix CD is ready and it features 56 tracks from UK reggae and dancehall label Greensleeves' back catalogue – but the project has grown in that time to include a book that Newman has put together on the record label's history and which showcases the first 100 record sleeves released by the label (including gems such as Scientist Wins The World Cup, 1982, shown above). The project also includes a range of limited edition T-shirts and pin badges for Stüssy that display elements of some of the record sleeves included in the book...
Read on and view more picture at Creative Review.
- Work In(g) Studio
- DMC Champ JFB Tests the New Denon
- Telephoned- Keep Them Heads Ringin' Mixtape
- New Video: Chromeo- Don't Turn the Lights On
- Tron Legacy = Nerd-gasim
- Stussy VS Greensleeve
- Kid Sister Is Big N Bad N Den Some
- Politics of Paper/Many Stories...
- DJ Ayres - Plasmodium Radio 43
- DJ Benzi - Get Right Radio Summer 2010
- Rest In Peace~ Grandma Lee
- Favela On Blast- Free Preview
- SKREAM - Listenin' To The Records On My Wall
- yan the shrimp vs. kleju
- The Hills Meets Cheap Vodka and a Buffet
- Wax Romeo & Fordinho - Heart Beat
- DJ Kurt Jo- New Podcast
- The REALLY Big Lebowski
- ▼ July (18)
- ► 2009 (169)